Shawnee Soccer Association
Join us on Facebook and keep up to date with all the news
REFEREES: What can they do to make the game of soccer better for the players?
1. Know the Law and the rules.
2. Be professional; i.e. on time, in proper uniform, prepared, fit, etc.
3. Study the game and the spirit of soccer.
4. Attend meetings, clinics, and seminars.
5. Show respect to players, coaches, parents and spectators.
6. Explain rules, when needed.
7. Help less experienced referees.
8. Play the game to better understand it.
9. Seek evaluation and be assessed regularly.
10. Smile and enjoy the game.
11. Be firm, fair and honest.
12. Remain neutral and be consistent.
13. Accept only the number and level of assignments that can be done well.
14. Know and use proper procedures.
15. Always remain calm.
16. Take each game seriously.
17. Implement good management techniques
18. Show courage and confidence; avoid arrogance.
SSA will be hosting an 09 beginner referee class in January 2015.
Check back later for the date, time and location.
For more information on being a referee, age requirements, classes etc. click on the link above.
If you would like to join SSA group of referees contact the referee coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org .