Join us on Facebook and keep up to date with all the news
REFEREES: What can they do to make the game of soccer better for the players?
1. Know the Law and the rules.
2. Be professional; i.e. on time, in proper uniform, prepared, fit, etc.
3. Study the game and the spirit of soccer.
4. Attend meetings, clinics, and seminars.
5. Show respect to players, coaches, parents and spectators.
6. Explain rules, when needed.
7. Help less experienced referees.
8. Play the game to better understand it.
9. Seek evaluation and be assessed regularly.
10. Smile and enjoy the game.
11. Be firm, fair and honest.
12. Remain neutral and be consistent.
13. Accept only the number and level of assignments that can be done well.
14. Know and use proper procedures.
15. Always remain calm.
16. Take each game seriously.
17. Implement good management techniques
18. Show courage and confidence; avoid arrogance.
JANUARY 24, 2015
SSA will be hosting an 09 beginner referee class January 24, 2015.
Class will be at Gordon Cooper Vo-Tech in Shawnee OK
For more information on being a referee, age requirements, classes etc. click on the link below.
If you would like to join SSA group of referees contact the referee coordinator William Maddux at firstname.lastname@example.org .
SSA NEEDS REFEREES
If you've ever thought about being a referee or would like to find out more about it, NOW is the time. SSA is hosting a 09 beginners referee class January 24, 2015
TOP 10 EXCUSES NOT TO BE A REFEREE
10 I DON'T KNOW WHAT A REFEREE DOES.
9 I CAN'T SOMEONE MIGHT INVITE ME OVER FOR LUNCH.
8 I'M ALREADY FIT ENOUGH I DON'T NEED TO DO ALL THAT RUNNING.
7 WHO NEEDS REFEREES WE CAN PLAY THE GAME WITHOUT THEM.
6 ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD REFEREE SO PEOPLE LIKE ME CAN SCREAM AT THEM.
5 I'D RATHER PAY $750.00 A SEASON SO SOMEONE ELSE WILL DO IT.
4 I'M AFRAID IF I GET REAL GOOD AT IT I MIGHT CHANGE CAREERS.
3 I WOULD BUT I'M NOT FROM BRAZIL.
2 YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THESE LEGS IN SHORTS.
1 I CAN'T PRANCE LIKE JORGE JOSE EMILIANO dos SANOS, THE PRANCING REFEREE.
P.O. Box 1721
Shawnee OK 74802-1721
Phone: 405 501 5695