Fall 2019 Academy
Celtic East Academy
Aptitude. Character. Excellence. Skill
Purpose of SSA and Celtic East Academy
Develop young players’ character and skill to their utmost potential and provide them with the confidence and the tools for success in order to enrich their lives and the game of soccer. Celtic East’s program will focus on the Aptitude, Character, Excellence, and Skill of each player to prepare them to play at the next level.
Technique - Improve the technical ability of every player across all facets of the game; dribbling, receiving, turning, trapping, passing, and shooting. Teach proper mechanics and use of every surface to include chest, head, thigh, and all surfaces of the foot. By improving their technical ability players grow in confidence and give themselves a greater capacity to process information, which is vital in the development of young soccer players. In addition, extra emphasis will be placed on the foot skills of the individual to optimize composure and comfort on the ball while instilling confidence to take on opponents.
Teamwork – Increase the passion for the game through interaction with team mates through small group activities that enhance skillful and imaginative play. Such activities include, (1v1, 2v1, 2v2, 3v2, 3v3, and 4v4 to goals or targets). At a young age, children play in a number of positions to improve their all-around understanding and knowledge of the game.
Playing with High Standards and Expectations
Celtic East Academy will be staffed with USSF (United States Soccer Federation) and USC (United Soccer Coaches) licensed, professional coaches either state or nationally certified through these two organizations. With their experience and knowledge, the coaches will create the optimum learning environment for academy players, to inspire and motivate the players to achieve their highest potential. Expectations of attitude and effort will be high and players should exhibit the most respectful and honorable character for themselves and toward their coaches, fellow players, opponents, parents, and officials. These same values will be expected from the parents and/or guardians and Celtic East Academy staff.
AGE CHART for Academy 2019 / 2020
U8 (’12 player) Born in 2012
U9 (’11 player) Born in 2011
U10 (’10 player) Born in 2010
- Open to all recreational players of the specified age range
- Academy ID camps August 2nd and August 9th for team placement
- Register by August 12th. First session(s) and games will begin September 7th. Registration will remain open through the season.
- The fall season will run from September 7th – November 16th
- The spring season will run from Jan 29th – May 17th
- Players play in 8-10 friendly matches in the Norman Premier Youth Development League in both fall and spring.
- Teams are encouraged to play in the Norman FFB Classic Cup in November and the OSC Celtic Cup in Spring.
-Tournament fees are not included in registration and will be equally divided among all players on the tournament team(s)
- Additional matches, friendlies, exhibitions, and tournaments may be scheduled at the discretion of Celtic East Academy Staff
- Players may attend the additional Striker/Keeper Session and the Set-piece(s) session. Both sessions are included in the monthly Academy Fees (Dates TBD for both sessions)
Playing Format for Academy 2019 / 2020
U8/U9/U10 - 7v7 (6 outfield players and a GK)
Celtic East Academy Cost:
Registration - $90 (payment plans available)
Uniform - $** (current SSA uniform pricing)
Monthly Coaching and Admin fees - $40 a month for 4 months (Aug-Nov in fall; Feb-May in Spring)
Total per season cost - $250
Total per year cost - $500
Breakdown of fees: $90 (includes $20 ref fees, $25 leagues fees, $15 insurance, $20 field usage, $10 admin fees)
**Players will use Shawnee Soccer Association’s current in season and approved uniform
Fall 2019 Academy Staff